Autorun Organizer

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
cvladan

Autorun Organizer

Post by cvladan »

I believe that the program Autorun Organizer is truly expertly crafted. In the past, I used Startup Delayer, but it hasn't been maintained since 2015.

Therefore, today I began searching for an alternative. I tried various options, such as the HiBit Startup Manager, which has a poor user experience and lacks certain features that AO has, Glary Utilities' Quick Startup module, which is quite basic, and the WhatsInStartup by Nirsoft, which I truly enjoy, but it lacks the feature of delayed program launch and more. Even CCleaner now has a startup program control feature, but I won't mention it anymore as it has become an ad-heavy tool.

Given my high level of satisfaction with the program, I have a couple of questions:

1. How can I obtain a portable version of the program?

Actually, I don't need a portable version, but a way to do unattended installation as I would prefer to install AO via the scoop package manager. If necessary, I would also be okay with winget, but scoop is perfect. Can you please consider adding this to your future development plans?

2. Where would you like me to leave a glowing review that will bring in new clients, who may also purchase some of your other, paid programs, which also seem to be of great quality? Perhaps on a platform such as AlternativeTo, where users can discover and learn about different software options?

I do believe that I have scoured through all the available options currently on the market that are free of charge :)

Thank you once again for providing such an impeccably coded tool that truly assists users.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: Autorun Organizer

Post by Chemtable Software »

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our product!

Does the widget tool you have pointed to has anything to do with Microsoft's winget package manager? If so, you may already install Autorun Organizer via winget as every other app presented in Microsoft Store (MS Store is an alternative source of winget's packages). To do this, run the below command from Powershell:

winget install "autorun organizer"

Can this be helpful for you?

Yes, we would appreciate if you write comment on the Alternative To site.

By the way, we are currently thinking on further development of Autorun Organizer. We would be glad if you continue to share any ideas on what other functionality you miss in tools like Autorun Organizer.
cvladan

Post by cvladan »

Hi! Scoop is a package manager, similar to Microsoft's winget or chocolatey, but it's much better and more popular in my opinion. Still, it's enough for me that I can install it with winget, since it comes with Windows. I haven't found it earlier, probably because I tried searching for it using

Code: Select all

winget search "autorun-organizer"
or something similar - note the dash.

I wrote a positive review on the AlternativeTo website, at this address.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Post by Chemtable Software »

Thank you for your comment on AlternativeTo!