Autorun Organizer might've messed up my internet

Questions and comments regarding Reg Organizer, Registry Life and Autorun Organizer.
GregariousJB

Autorun Organizer might've messed up my internet

Post by GregariousJB »

EDIT: Solution found - Autorun Organizer is not the problem. Using StevenBlack's hosts file caused this issue.

After rebooting, my internet now takes 1-3 minutes to connect as though it's been delayed like other programs. The issue remains even after:
  • Uninstalling AO
  • Fully uninstalling internet driver (using Geek Uninstaller to also delete remnants in registry)
  • Reinstalling driver using motherboard manufacturer page
  • "sfc /scannow" for the hell of it
  • Doing the Windows 10 "Network reset" option, twice.
Only thing I can think of is something in services.msc is set to load my internet manually a minute or so after reboot. Any ideas?

Windows 10 LTSC 21H2
Autorun Organizer v 5.41
Last edited by GregariousJB on Wed Oct 09, 2024 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: Autorun Organizer might've messed up my internet

Post by Chemtable Software »

Hi,

After uninstalling Autorun Organizer, most changes made to the startup are reverted. Specifically, startup items that were delayed using AO will be undelayed, and previously disabled items will be enabled. However, if you changed the startup type of services (Manual or Automatic startup, see the screenshot), this change will not be reverted upon uninstallation. To address this, check the services where you might have modified the startup type. Additionally, consider restoring the system to an earlier state using System Restore points as an alternative option.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GregariousJB

Post by GregariousJB »

I reinstalled AO and re-ran the "reboot and measure" option. The result is there are no services marked as "delayed" except for AO itself ("delayed 1620s"):

In fact, nothing is marked delayed at all aside from AO. Does AO include all services? Would this mean this isn't a delayed service issue?
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Hi,

Strictly speaking, in order to view all services, you also need to uncheck the Hide Microsoft Applications option. This will display all services without any exceptions. I'm not sure if this will help solve the issue you mentioned, though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GregariousJB

Post by GregariousJB »

I found the issue. It's not Autorun Organizer's fault - it's the StevenBlack hosts file I was using and set up a few days before AO, and I didn't notice this until a reboot which was done with AO.

I actually reformatted my PC (upgraded to Win11) thinking my system was corrupted, and after I reinstalled the custom hosts file another restart was needed for an unrelated driver install and suddenly the "several minutes to connect to internet" issue was back. Imagine the size of that friggin light bulb in my head.

Anyway, I apologize for the mixup. This one's on me. Thanks for the assistance.

P.S. You're more than welcome to remove this topic if you think people will see it and go, 'Oh, I don't want my internet messed up let's avoid this program'. I'll edit my first post to say that it was not the fault of AO in case you want to keep it.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Hi,

Thank you for following up and explaining the reason for the problem you have experienced!