SO 6.11 icon missing from notification area, and an option in "Settings" is also missing

Questions and comments regarding Soft Organizer
front360

SO 6.11 icon missing from notification area, and an option in "Settings" is also missing

Post by front360 »

I have Win10 and just installed SO 6.11 with free personal license from net-load. Well I used the installer from chemtable.com, and just the license given away on net-load. Even after a reboot, there is no SO icon in the system tray. As I think of it now, there is no section in SO "settings" called Installer Execution Tracing where you can Enable Installer Execution Tracking, like there was in all the prior versions. Thanks in advance.
SO User Manual.jpg
SO6.11 Missing Setting.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Re: SO 6.11 icon missing from notification area, and an option in "Settings" is also missing

Post by Chemtable Software »

Hello,

The Soft Organizer's tray icon was shown by its Installing Applications Tracing Agent. The feature feature has been removed from the program and no longer available. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
front360

Re: SO 6.11 icon missing from notification area, and an option in "Settings" is also missing

Post by front360 »

So Tracing an installation is still available, just the agent is gone? If so, can you put back the system tray icon, with a "right-click" option to Install an App with Tracing, please. That's how I Trace Installs that already started, like any app that pops up saying there is an update.

Thanks in advance,
Don
So6.11 Tracing Still Available Though.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chemtable Software
Developers Team

Post by Chemtable Software »

front360 wrote:So Tracing an installation is still available, just the agent is gone?
Yes.
front360 wrote:If so, can you put back the system tray icon, with a "right-click" option to Install an App with Tracing, please. That's how I Trace Installs that already started, like any app that pops up saying there is an update.

Thanks in advance,
Don

So6.11 Tracing Still Available Though.JPG
We'll consider your idea. Note that you may create the shortcut for instantly launching the tracing: just use the -InstallApp command line argument. For example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Soft Organizer\SoftOrganizer.exe" -InstallApp